Damage ratings

Posted on

These are some of the results we have collected:
Each sheet could be assigned a number depending on the extent of the creasing present; if there were creases but no text obscured it was C1, if there were creases which obscured one area of text it was C2, and if there were creases that obscured more than one area of text it was C3.

Only 13% of the sheets were rated as C1, so in no need of treatment. The other 87% of the sheets were designated as having at least one area of text obscured, so a C2 or C3 rating, and 74% of these were rated as C3. These crease ratings can be viewed alongside an overall damage rating for each sheet of 1, 2 or 3 (1 being slightly damaged, 2 being damaged and 3 being heavily damaged). All sheets were rated at either 2 or 3.

Damage rating 2 Damage rating 3
C2 21 (13%) 16 (10%)
C3 30 (18%) 78 (47%)

So, just under half of all the sheets are heavily damaged with more than one area of text being obscured by a crease. These sheets will be the most challenging to treat.

C2 rating 2

C2 rating 2

C2 rating 3

C2 rating 3

C3 rating 2

C3 rating 2

C3 rating 3

C3 rating 3

One thought on “Damage ratings

Leave a reply